Monday, August 17, 2009

Mini Meat Loaf

It always cracks me up when someone thinks I'm some mega chef: I simply am not! The biggest reason my family generally has a home cooked meal is because it's frugal. I don't generally spend a lot of time fixing dinner, but a nice dinner doesn't have to take a lot of time to prepare! This recipe came about when I was experimenting with meat loaf recipes... trying to scale them back and simplify the process. A success was born! Feel free to be creative with this recipe and add your own touch. It's not unheard of for me to add a carrot or two, finely shredded, in with the meat. What they don't know won't hurt them! Oh, and I double the recipe for my family. These make great left overs/snacks!

Enjoy!

Mini Meat Loaves

1 lb. ground beef, ground turkey, or a mixture of both
1/4 c. Italian bread crumbs
1 egg
ketchup or bbq sauce to taste
3 sticks string cheese

Mix ground meat, bread crumbs, and egg until very well blended. Shape into approx. 1/3 cup size balls. Place in sprayed cupcake tins. Top with a little bit of ketchup or sauce. Cut string cheese sticks into 3 pieces each. Put one chunk of cheese in the middle of each mini meat loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until no longer pink.

1 comment:

Jena said...

yum dude! What a great idea with the cheese, I totally wouldn't have ever thought of that!!!