Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

It wasn't until I was almost finished making cookies today that I realized I haven't yet posted this recipe. Sorry that it's minus pictures, but hey! at least you're getting the recipe.

Let's start cooking!

Ingredients:
2 cups shortening
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla
3 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
4 cups chocolate chips
2 cups chopped nuts (optional)

Blend together shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and incorporate well. Add salt and baking soda. Stir in flour and combine well. Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips, and nuts. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. Cool slightly on pan, then remove to a cooling rack.

This recipe was given to me by a cute girl in my ward about 6 years ago. She brought me these cookies for my Birthday; I loved them (and her!) so much that I requested the recipe.

It makes a lot of cookies, so be prepared to bake for a while. Sometimes I'll freeze half the cookie dough for use another day. The baked cookies also freeze really well in a tight container. Enjoy!

No comments: